Friday, May 29, 2009

quilt-along coming along


Well, I ironed all my 1/2 yards and cut them into the 2 1/2" strips today, and boy did I work up a sweat doing it! I don't know if I'm out of shape, or if I need to jack up the AC in our house, or maybe both. Ok, it's both, but mostly the first one. Yeah, that rotary cutter can really wear a person out. I have gained 10 pounds since last year and it really stinks. What a difference 10 pounds makes. I am telling you.... anyway....ok, back to the subject. Ok, I love my fabric and have spread it out like a fan so that I (and you) can admire it fondly until the instructions for week 3 are posted. I am really excited about this! Can't wait to have another quilt top finished and awaiting quilting or a binding. Currently I have 2 quilt tops that just need a border which were both given to me. One was done by my Grandmother Hazel and was given to me when she passed away. The other was done by my Aunt Nannie, who has also since passed away, and was also given to me to finish. Oh the pressure. I have another quilt that is finished and just needs a binding, and one that is basted together and is in the process of being hand quilted (for the past 5 years...). It is the quilt my Grandmother Hazel and I worked on together and the one she used to teach me how to quilt. Special. Maybe I can share with you on this blog as I take on these challenges, but I need encouragement people.....!
Oh, and there is a giveaway I failed to mention earlier that is going on over at Nutmeg Designs for some Texture Magic. I had never heard of it before, but she has a tutorial using it and it looks really cool. Giveaway ends May 31, midnight, EST, so hurry over.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I don't know how to quilt, but I've always wanted to learn. Maybe I could follow a "quilt along" and learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fabulous!I only wish I could sew a button on!

    ReplyDelete